Friday, January 18, 2008

snow ride

mid 20's and 3 inches of snow on the ground doesn't sound like fun stuff to ride in. let me tell you though, the tempurature becomes an afterthought and the snow makes it seem like you are on virgin singletrack. i rode out at shawnee mission park this morning and i think i had a couple of hikers and another mtb'er on the trail before me. as much as i wanted to do an easy tempo ride, it is really impossible to do that kind of ride in 3 or 4 inches of snow. unfortunately you are going to have to work a little harder than on a normal day. it was still a super fun ride, and for those of you who haven't ridden off-road in the snow. you need to try it, it's well worth it.

oh well, back to work on shift tommorrow which means more trainer time. my hour and a half ride will have to carry me thru until i can get out again on sunday. think i have got my new 'ride' dialed in. had to get rid of the riser brs and go back to flats to get handlebar height to where they were on my previous bike. feels a little more agressive with flats instead of risers. jury is still out though.

so till next time........dress warm and go ride!

No comments: